Influenster

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Natural Looking Sunless Tanner With Sun Labs!




I received a gift set from Sun Labs a few months ago to try out, and I have been using it off and on for those few months to really get a "feel" for the product so that I could give my honest opinion. 

I really enjoy using this product! First, you always want to exfoliate before you self tan, and this package comes with a great, minty smelling, exfoliator and loofah! Second, the actual self tanner smells like cherries! I didn't notice a "self tanner smell" until a few hours later, but it was a pretty typical smell, nothing worse than I have used before. I usually self tan at night and shower in the morning to remove any smell.  The self tanner is a very dark green/brown color when applying. I enjoyed this because I could always see where I missed or had too much product. It also dries pretty quickly, which is also good because you can get dressed relatively quick afterwords.

I really like the color I get from this self tanner. I don't feel orange, or oompah loompah looking! I feel like it is a very natural looking tan. I have very fair skin, almost porcelain, but not quite, and I used the dark, I think dark is good for anyone, it doesn't make you too dark or orange.  I also like the way this fades, no funny white patches or streaking when it fades.

I had only one problem area in all the times I used this product, over 8 times, and that was my ankle right above my foot. I didn't exfoliate the way I should have, and ended up with a patch of dark skin. So remember to always EXFOLIATE! :)

The lotion that comes with this set is good too, it helps your tan to last longer by moisturizing the skin. It is the only thing in the kit that I probably wouldn't repurchase, and that is because I feel it is just a good lotion, and I have my own favorite lotions that I apply to my skin after self tanning.
This set retails for $39.95 on their site, and it comes with a loofah and a tote bag.  Go here to look at the package deal.  I think I will probably just buy the self tanning product the next time, I still have exfoliator left over and plenty of lotion.

I really enjoy this product, and I hope you will too! 

2 comments:

  1. True- You do apply this with your hands, so I would do my top half of my body and then was my hands and then do the bottom half and wash them again. Doing this, I really didn't have too much of a problem. The fact that it is tinted, really helps prevent streaking because you can see exactly where you put it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I can't wait to read more of it:) Tammy http://tammyfavata.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete